The April RASC meeting will take place on:
Tuesday April 21, 2020 7:30 pm
(Please note Change in Meeting Date)
ON-LINE MEETING ("Take 2")
Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Introduction:(to allow for late joiners)
- Speaker Introduction: Remainder of Talk cut short last week.
- Speaker (~15min): Dr. Mike Morrow "When Stars End with a Bang: Gravity, Supernovae, and Chandrasekhar"
The difference between core-collapse supernovae (the end stage of massive stars)
and type Ia supernovae (when White Dwarfs absorb enough matter
from a binary partner to reach the
Chandrasekhar limit). I will also talk about how both of these violent ends are really a result of
- Observing Chair: The Sky Next Month
- Member Observations and Photos
If a non-member would like to view this meeting, please email us.
Please Note: Meetings normally take place on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, September to June.